Tuesday, April 7, 2009

9 week ultrasound

I know, I'm late to post!

We did make it to our 9 week ultrasound in which we were going to check the Nuchal Translucency for Down Syndrome. However, the technician advised us that it would be better to wait until we were between 11-14 weeks along. So, we have another appointment scheduled for our 12th week. The tech was kind enough to take a quick peek at the baby and let us listen to the heartbeat though. The picture she gave us is unrecognizable but she assured us the head is on the left side of the picture with the body of course being more to the right.

Everything seems to be going well and I find myself more relaxed as the pregnancy progresses. The only trouble I've had thus far is a stubborn UTI. I have never had a UTI before this pregnancy but seem to be having trouble shaking this one. I do not have any symptoms, which is great! I did read somewhere that increased amounts of progesterone can contribute to UTIs which may be the reason this thing has decided to stick around. I only have 2-3 more weeks of take the progesterone supplements so maybe that will be the end of the infection too. Let's hope!

Jace makes many connections to the baby which is so adorable. For instance, today at preschool all the kids got to take home palm tree leaves and Jace was allowed to take two leaves home. Jace said he got two because we are having a baby. How adorable is that?!? He has really been awesome with the pregnancy and seems to understand a lot. He ususally wants me to hold him all the time when we are out and about but he doesn't even seem bothered when I tell him I can't since I'm pregnant. I hope he will continue to be so supportive during the pregnancy. I know he's going to be a wonderful big brother!

No comments: