Thursday, April 23, 2009

12 week belly!


Here it is, finally! Over four weeks, my waist has grown 1 additional inch and of course I've gained more weight. I think a nurse at my midwife's office said I had gained 5 pounds since my visit last month. I was astonished when I read the scale which indicated a total weight gain of 11 pounds! I have no idea how I'm gaining weight so rapidly, but lets hope it slows soon. My midwife told me that at 13 weeks pregnant with J, I had only gained 3 pounds. What a difference!?! I ate so much worse when I was pregnant with J too. My midwife was also kind enough to point out that I started out heavier with my first pregnancy than I did this time which could be some of the reason I've gained more weight this time.
It is just weight though and if the result is a healthy baby, I'm okay with a few extra pounds.


Still no fetal movement being felt, but I'll update if that changes soon. Also, the BIG question by everyone is if we know the gender from our 12 week ultrasound and we do not. We didn't even inquire. We are anxious to find out, but have no preference to either gender. We should have our next ultrasound in 6-8 weeks which is when we may have the chance to discover the gender. We promise to keep everyone updated though!

1 comment:

KelsinaterB said...

you are already getting a belly...and I LOVE it!! I appreciate you adding the info about the gender. I'm just so excited to find out! Can't wait to see you guys again!