Thursday, April 30, 2009

13w4d

Not much to report, which is great! I am freaking out a little, okay maybe a lot, about the swine flu. I have had THE strangest things happen to me during this pregnancy and have no interest in ignoring the possibility of any additional "freak" occurrences happening. I am fully aware that my concerns may not be valid, but I'm pregnant and allowed to act crazy when needed. I searched around today for N95 face masks to help protect me from the swine flu that is apparently headed straight for me and I was quite unsuccessful. I must not be the only person freaking out about this. There is not a mask to be found in this area. Now I'm convinced that the flu and/or swine flu is really going to make its way toward me. In an attempt to save myself, I will be washing my hands any chance I have and I have two bottles of hand sanitizer in my purse. I've alerted Will that if he or J come down with any type of flu virus I will be, temporarily, moving out.

For those of you that haven't been privileged enough to hear about my weird outbreaks, let me fill you in.
  • Never in my life have I had a bladder infection, but discovered with my first prenatal visit that I'm now breading grounds for an infection that intends to stay. I have completed two doses of antibiotics and am anxiously awaiting word from my midwife to know if it has decided to finally leave.
  • What I believed to be an insect bite was diagnosed as ringworm and since that diagnosis was not sitting well with me I went to see my regular practitioner to discover it is not ringworm but still a fungal infection. I am aware that we all harbor fungus on our bodies, but why would mine decide to show up now?!?
Okay, I guess two weird things isn't really that bad, but still weird.

Being pregnant again is much different than I remember with J. I have been exhausted most of the pregnancy, have trouble sleeping at night, and feel as though I'm starving all the time. I didn't have a single thing to complain about with my first pregnancy and I just assumed this pregnancy would be the same. I do have to realize that I am five years older this time though. My body likes to remind of that fact quite often!
Keeping up with J has been really hard and I can't wait to have more energy and feel like a normal person again. I'm hoping that will be soon! I will be finishing up my progesterone supplements in 3 days. I am completely nervous about the idea of not taking them any more, but my midwife has assured me I no longer need them. I hope that after finishing the progesterone supplements I will once again have some energy.
I have been an emotional wreck this week and I'm so thankful that Will has put up with me. He really is an amazing husband. I know he has a lot on his plate right now with school and work, and I greatly appreciate all he has been doing around our house and with J to help me stay sane. (I promise, one day I will be normal again!)
I'm still attempting to let my guard down and completely enjoy this pregnancy, but it has been really difficult. It is something I struggle with almost daily. I keep letting myself feel guarded because I some how feel that will save me if something were to go wrong with the pregnancy, but I know that won't really help me. I need to allow myself to glow and enjoy this as this will most likely be our last pregnancy. I want nothing more than to embrace being pregnant and will continue to search for a way to relax.

To end this incredibly long update, I will say that I am so thankful that we have been blessed with this baby for this long and I pray that we will continue to have a wonderful pregnancy.

1 comment:

KelsinaterB said...

I loved reading your post - I could totally picture you talking this way, which made me laugh! You are an amazing mom, with an amazing husband and will have a blessed little baby joining us relatively soon! RELAX and enjoy. Remember my "worry" quote. Control the controllables - and be positive so your baby will be healthy. =)