Friday, October 9, 2009

36 weeks

Oops! We neglected to take a photo of the baby bump at 36 weeks since we were both tired and starting to get sick. We will just have to do it at 37 weeks instead.

  • Not much new baby news. We did a follow up ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid and it did increase a little, so that is great! The midwife even did a peek at her girl parts to make sure nothing grew since our 20 week ultrasound. She is still a GIRL!
  • We started a weekly schedule for our OB appointments this month. I'm sure it will feel like time is flying now that we are going so frequently.
  • I am still gaining weight, which is starting to get a little more frustrating now. I started this pregnancy 20-25 lbs. lighter than I started my first pregnancy and have gained more weight this time than I did the first time. UGH! I feel huge and cannot wait to get back to the gym (never thought I'd say that) to feel normal again. It is also getting pretty difficult to bend over. I'm convinced that I spend 1/3 of my day bending over to pick up toys or clean other various messes. c:
  • I got the infant car seat installed today...woohoo! This was no easy task to accomplish at 36.5 weeks pregnant. If I weren't so picky about carseat installation I would have let Will do it. The carseat we chose was actually more difficult to install than I thought it would be. I'm glad to have it crossed off the to-do list though.
  • Her room is still not ready, not even close. Considering she will be sleeping in our room at first, I'm trying not to make a big deal about it. It would be nice to have it done soon though.
  • I have my first Biology test this week, so lets hope she doesn't decide to come early! I knew what I was up against before starting this class, but reality set it rather quickly once the class started. I hope I can successfully complete this class and manage to earn an A. Ava is due to arrive right in the middle of the quarter and adjusting to a newborn while going to school is sure to be quite the challenge. Thank goodness I have such a helpful, caring, and supportive husband!

No comments: