Friday, June 5, 2009

18w5d

We only have 6 days until our BIG ultrasound. I'm so excited to see our baby and know that s/he is growing as s/he should be. I have been so nervous this whole pregnancy and although I don't suspect I'll stop being nervous anytime soon, it would make me rest a little easier to know that the baby is still holding on in there.
Gender...Will has been leaning a little towards a girl and I seem to be too. We might just think that since all of our family seems to think it's a girl. J would like a brother though. We would be thrilled with a boy or a girl as long as it arrives! We are struggling with girl names but feel confident in our choice for a boy name. It will definitely be nice to know what it is so we can end our name search.
So far I have been feeling great! I'm excited to say I completed the first trimester without ever visiting the side of a toilet. I seem to have more energy this trimester than I did in the first trimester. I sometimes think I'm overdoing it though and freak out about every strange sensation I have. This is not something I worried about with my first pregnancy. I have not really felt the baby move, I don't think. I feel odd saying I'm not sure since I've done this before. I know I have not felt it move against my abdomen, but I may have felt it move a little lower. I'm anxious to have our ultrasound to figure out why I haven't felt it move much yet. I did read something that said if the placenta is against my abdomen it could act as a padding and make it difficult to feel the first movements. I'm getting nervous though since I had felt movement by this time in my first pregnancy and I thought I would feel it sooner this time. I would love to KNOW that I feel the baby move to have one less thing to worry about.

1 comment:

KelsinaterB said...

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going and that we find out the gender on Thursday! I can't wait!! More importantly though, I'm excited to hear that everything is going well and that s/he's healthy. You guys are going to have a busy week/end. Enjoy it!!